Accepting so many request about how I created Kamen Rider Blade – Kazuma Kendate ( Suzuki Hiroki ) from Kamen Rider Decade Henshin pose animation from DeviantArt friends and IDWS friends, I will post this tutorial. Sorry for late response. Hope this help.
This one is the small result. You can get bigger resolution (500 px) at HERE
I will not teach you how to creating vector art or another photoshop tutorial. I assume you can use Basic Photoshop.. U can read my LINEART tutorial for it. If you still confused, just request another tutorial. I will make it for you.
If you do not have Adobe Photoshop CS 3, this tutorial also available for Adobe Image Ready since start at Adobe Photoshop CS 2, Imageready is combine with Photoshop.
1. Create new File. I use 500 px X 500 px because I want detailed art. And I can resize it latter
2. You can created the main body like this
3. Windows -> animation to load animation pallet
4. Cut both hand and make it as different layer
5. Add new animation FRAME.
You can imagine Frame is like blank page on your writing Book. And whole animation contain many page. You can flip your book page to get animation. More frame more detail. Each Frame will have their Own LAYER visibility. For example, if we have 4 layer and 2 frame, we can set Frame one layer visible only layer 1 and 3 and Frame 2 all layer is visible.
6. Draw another hand pose in new layer
7. Back to frame one and make the new hand pose LAYER invisible
8. Go to frame 2 (click frame 2) and make the “left hand down” invisible and make “new hand pose” layer visible
9. Set the trans time rate.
10. Do this to all layer and You will get this :
11. Ctrl+Sift+I (Image->image size) and set 150 px or another size that you desired for avatar)
11. Save page for a web site (Ctrl+Sift+alt+S)
12. Make sure you pick GIF file.
1. Create Folder every time you create new layer art
2. After you finish with creating new items, Duplicate it, and the Merge the duplicate content
3. The Layer folder that already not needed, put on the huge folder named “Finish” make it invisible, and lock it. It will save your layer pallet scroll amount.
4. ALWAYS name your layer. If not, you will get headache see so many layer on your file.
5. Make sure always go to frame one to make NEW LAYER that You made invisible. Then go to your current frame to make it visible again. It will save your time than clicking one by one.
6. For transfer rate time, you can change it by default. Make sure you put low point for fast movement and huge point to slow movement.
7. Use history to get back your big size file after you save for web with small size.
8. I use grid line and help line to make sure my animation position fixed.
Hope it help. Feel free to ask if you confused.